The Sport Law & Strategy Group (SLSG) is a team of 11 professionals working exclusively in the Canadian sport sector helping sport organizations be the best they can be! Since 1992, we have served as a one stop shop for organizations, providing a full range of sport management services and solutions to hundreds of sport organizations from coast to coast and across all levels of sport.
We are excited about the growth that we continue to experience and are proud of the services we offer in support of our clients. To this end, the SLSG is seeking a motivated and experienced lawyer who believes in making a difference in the sport community and who is committed to achieving our vision and living our values.
What are we looking for?
- An experienced lawyer with a significant knowledge of the Canadian sport community and has a proven track record of corporate not-for-profit laws and policies development; leading investigations and complaint management; administrative hearings, employment; and conducting legal research and providing opinions.
- A good communicator and entrepreneurial spirit who is comfortable providing strategic legal advice, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Bonus points if you are bilingual!
What can we offer?
- Being part of a highly credible and respected brand that is contributing to the health and vitality of the Canadian sport sector.
- An established and growing base of sport clients needing the services that you can provide.
- Mentorship and ongoing support from members of the SLSG team.
- Complete infrastructure to support your work (web site, promotional programs, invoicing, financial management, professional development, etc.).
- Flexibility in where, when and how you do your work.
- A collaborative, innovative and fun team of people to hang out with and make a difference.
- We are not offering a salary, but we can provide the necessary conditions that will have you earning a living, while living your life.
To learn more about the SLSG, check out www.sportlaw.ca. If you are interested in this invitation, please contact Steve Indig at the Sport Law & Strategy Group by emailing him at [email protected]. Please note there is no deadline to apply – this invitation will remain open for as long as it takes us to find our perfect match. The SLSG thanks all of those who apply; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.