Sport organizations require policies and procedures to guide various functions and operations. Policies are also created to help fulfil legal responsibilities, meet government and legislative requirements, and address needs determined by the organization.
What policies does a sport organization need?
Sport organizations require policies for various reasons including:
- The policy is required by law
- Members are frustrated by a lack of processes within the organization
- The organization’s leadership frequently changes
- A recurring issue requires a standard solution
- The policy provides a path to manage an issue from beginning to end
What can we do for you?
The Sport Law & Strategy Group can assist your policy development decision-making. We can:
- Review your existing policies to suggest improvements and identify gaps
- Identify policy overlap and remove redundancy
- Write new policies
We can provide policies addressing the following:
- Discipline and Complaints
- Dispute Resolution
- Event Discipline
- Social Media
- Screening (Criminal Record Checks)
- Conflict of Interest
- Risk Management
- Waiver and Assumption of Risk
- Human Resources
- Equity and Access
- Trans Inclusion
- Impairment and Accommodation (Cannabis)
We also assist sport organizations with designing and developing additional policies to meet a specific need at the organization – such as fundraising, official languages, residency, and nominations.
The following writings on our website contain additional information related to this topic: